Right here is all it’s essential learn about Sultan Ibrahim:
- Sultan Ibrahim is the ruler of Johor, the southernmost state in Malaysia that borders Singapore.
- Born on 22 November 1958, he’s the eldest son of the late Sultan Iskandar and has been a outstanding determine in each the state of Johor and Malaysia as a complete. His reign as Sultan started on 23 January 2010, following the demise of his father.
- He was educated in numerous establishments, each in Malaysia and overseas. His early schooling happened on the Maktab Sultan Abu Bakar in Johor Bahru. Later, he attended just a few army academies, together with the
Royal Navy Academy Sandhurstin the UK, which has been the coaching floor for a lot of members of the worldwide elite and royalty.
- He is among the most influential and outspoken sultans within the nation, with a big following on social media and a personal military.
- He additionally has vital enterprise pursuits, comparable to a stake in Forest Metropolis, a $100 billion improvement challenge off the coast of Johor.
- Sultan Ibrahim is thought for his sturdy persona and his love for bikes, vehicles, and animals. He has a group of greater than 300 autos, together with a gold-plated Harley-Davidson and a Bugatti Veyron.
- He additionally owns a number of unique pets, comparable to tigers, lions, and crocodiles.
- Sultan Ibrahim has been supportive of the present authorities led by Prime Minister
Anwar Ibrahim, who fashioned a coalition after profitable the 2023 common election. Sultan Ibrahimhas additionally maintained good relations with Singapore and China, two of Malaysia’s necessary neighbors and buying and selling companions.
Nonetheless, Sultan Ibrahim has additionally been concerned in some controversies and conflicts. He has clashed with former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad over numerous points, such because the standing of Forest Metropolis and the water provide settlement between Johor and Singapore. He has additionally criticized some federal insurance policies and choices, such because the implementation of a items and companies tax and the withdrawal from the Worldwide Legal Courtroom.
(With inputs from companies)